Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Excuses...just say NO! 7 December 2008

Okay, here's the deal. People have meetings they are supposed to go to, OR they are invited somewhere ,OR someone asks them if they are going to to some event...
Instead of saying, "no, I'm not going," they have to give you some dopey excuse. Why do they feel an excuse is necessary? No song and dance. No need to make someone feel better by giving an excuse. Just no.
The same thing is true when someone asks some people to do something for them. Out comes the list of excuses.
I've learned this concept. I can say no. If someone asks me to do something I don't really want to do, or just plain don't have the time, or want to take the time, I just say "no." If they have the huevos to ask why not, I tell them, "my planner won't let me. I have an appointment"...they don't need to know it's with my pillow and a book. :) Absolutely none of their beeswax.
Try it. Free yourself from being over stressed and free others from an excuse that really just means no.

No comments:

Post a Comment