Wednesday, May 12, 2010

As Sisters in Zion 26 September 2009

I wrote about the RS several notes ago. Well, tonight was the General RS Broadcast from Salt Lake City. The entire meeting was broadcast by satellite all over the world, through the awesomeness of technology, in over 50 languages to over 150 countries. As I sat there with 390 sisters from my stake, I thought about my "sisters" all over the world. How I love them. I have literally hundreds of sisters all over the world, in places like: California, Utah, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado, Missouri, Texas, Croatia, New York, and Pennsylvania...and more I'm sure. As we sang, I knew that, you too, were singing the same songs. We share the same beliefs, faith and songs. We have joys, challenges, trials, blessings. We are daughters of God. We are blessed with gifts and talents. We strive to have charity towards one another. We belong to the largest and oldest woman's organizations in the world. We each serve in various callings throughout the church...voluntarily. We give of our time and talents. We serve people we know, and those we may never meet.
I am thankful to have this sisterhood in my life. I know that I am loved, not only by these "sisters" but by a loving Heavenly Father and His son. Our Savior and Redeemer. I am so blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment