Wednesday, May 12, 2010

28th move in my life and counting! 15 November 2008

I will try to keep this short...no long stories...just facts...well, maybe a few explanations. I'll try to remember as many as I can sitting here this morning. Okay...GO!
1. 8 June 1955 - born in Torrance Memorial Hospital, in Torrance, Calif.
2. 11 June 1955 - delivered by Dr. Schaeffer to my new parents (I was adopted!) in a 1955 Thunderbird to their home on Manchester Blvd. in the Athens section of Los Angeles.
3-5. April 1956 - my first plane ride (something like 17 hours...before jets) took us to Hawaii (it was a territory of the US then, DUH!) where we lived in The Royal Hawaiian Hotel until we could move into our house at 177 Kuukama St. In 1960 I started Kindergarten at Kailua Elementary School with Mrs. Courtney. I also went to first grade at Kailua Elem...and in Torrance. Why? Read on. Oh. I went to second grade here also and had Mrs. Cross.
6. 1962 - Popola Rd. My mother, brother and I lived for just a few months as my parents divorced.
7. 1963 - 1050 Koohoo Rd. in Lanakai, Oahu, Hawaii. ABSOLUTELY the most awesome house I have ever lived in. On a hill that overlooked the ocean. You could see from Kaneohe Air Base (Kailua Bay)to Waimanelo Bay. So beautiful. Still just the three of us. I went to the 3rd grade at Lanakai Elementary School where I had Ms. Shimoda. I walked home along the beach. I went to this school when JFK was shot and remember it well.
8. April 1963 - Garcia St. NE. My mother remarried. This took us to Albuquerque, New Mexico. A tough word for a third grader. I finished the third grade at Eubank Elementary School with Mrs. Bumpkins. I also had to wear shoes! Something I hadn't had to do much of before.
9. June 1964 - 1409 Gretta NE. My mother loves to move. Fourth Grade at Accoma Elementary with Mrs. Foley...she let me watch it snow one day. The first time I had ever seen snow.
10. June 1965 - Sierra Vista Estates in the Sandia Mountains (we had a PO Box...I don't remember the address). Fifth Grade with Mrs. ? and Mr. Salazar. He was my awesome math teacher and would bring his snakes to school.
11. June 1966 - Forum St. in San Diego, Calif. My mother divorced my step-father. This is where my dad lived here. Fifth grade at Lindbergh Elementary school with Mr. Smudzin.
12. June 1967 - 29329 Jaffery St. in Torrance, Calif. My parents bought a golf course. My dad was a PGA pro and taught golf...played real well too. Seventh grade at Stephen M. White Jr. High. The colors were red and white! My history teacher was born on Feb. 29th!
13 & 14. June 1968 - We lived in an apartment in Grand Junction, Colorado until our house at 2245 Tiffiany Dr. was ready. My mom remarried my step-father. I attended the 8th grade at Orchard Mesa Jr. High. We didn't move, but the school boundaries changed, and I attended Fruita Jr. High for the 9th grade. My mom divorced my step-father and remarried my dad in July of 1969.
15. June 1970 - 1409 Gretta NE. My mom never sold this house, and we moved back. Manzano High School -- home of the Monarchs is where I spent my Sophomore year. Colors...Purple and white! YUCK!
16. Sept. 1971 - My dad, brother and I preceeded my mom in moving to Calif. again. We lived at Lake Sherwood with my Aunt, Uncle and cousins. I went to Agoura High School; home of the Chargers (where our colors were Blue and Gold) in Agoura (now Agoura Hills) California.
17. Late 1971 - 23 (later changed to 29307) S. Lakeshore Dr. at Malibou Lake Country Club. I think this was the second most awesome house. I finished my Jr. year here and my Senior year as well. In fact I lived here until I got married.
18 & 19. July 1975 - A motel in Wichita Falls, Tx. we lived there until we found a house to rent, which was on 1907 Perigo St.
20 & 21. August 1976 - We transferred to Las Vegas, NV. We lived with another Aunt and Uncle until we found an apartment...2828 Marlin St. Apt. B...now in the HOOD!
22. Oct. 1977 - Our house is finished and we moved in. 3709 Lighthouse. This was the longest I have ever lived in the same house.
23-25. Aug. 1996 - I took a chance...made a sacrifice and did a foolish thing. Jessica, Bobby and I moved to St. Joseph, Missouri. Mike had already graduated, and Jenny was in her senior year at Las Vegas High School. Not fair to her to move her. We lived at the Pony Express Motel, which was torn down a few years ago...thankfully, and an apartment at 519 N. 24th St. until we could move into our new home at 2802 Frederick Ave.
26. 1 June 2008 - 392 S. Main St. in Payson, Utah where I was impressed upon by others to move.
27. 22 August 2008 - 4421 Summer Glen Ln. in N. Las Vegas, NV. where I am presently living with my youngest daughter. I am "home" now.
28. ? - Only time will tell as well as other variables...
I have had a "rich" life and have learned much from these moves. Customs, people, experiences, etc. that have enriched my life and given me a wealth of knowledge.
Well, this has really helped me. My mind just raced through so many memories that will help with my personal history. Did I mention I've kept a journal since the 1960's...well there are volumes now! Another story for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment