Sunday, June 28, 2015

Another Michaels Night

Well, working the register tonight I rung up $25.62 worth of merchandise for a woman. She was using "plastic", so I pushed the button for "card" then "enter" for the amount to register. She slide her card...put in the pin...and then the register said she owed $15.62 cents. I said, "Hmmmm....I wonder why it did that?"
She asked, "what?"
I said, "Well, it says you paid $10.00 and you owe $15.62.".
She says, "What did you do? Why did you put in $10.00???"
I replied, "Ma'am, I pushed the card button and enter. I didn't put in a specific amount."
She says, "Well, I didn't do it, so you must have done something!!!" AND she has become VERY, how shall we say...OH...you know...
I ask her to run the card again and see what happens...and she runs it twice, and it is declined twice. THEN she says to her friend, "HAH! His card is out of money. I'll use another one." NEVER once did she say anything else to me...not even an I'm sorry for ripping your head off verbally!!! WOW!
Another woman with her teenage daughters was leaving without buying something and I asked if they couldn't find what they were looking for? The woman says she was looking for "food coloring."
"Oh, I'll show you where it is. What color were you looking for?"
"Purple."
So, I got it and handed it to her. She asks me, "will it color everything?"
"Yes. Clothes, hands, foods of every kind. Be careful not to get it where you don't want it. What are you going to color?"
"My hair. I want to take the brassyness out."
There are MANY times I want to go home with some of these customers JUST TO WATCH what they are doing. Although there was ONE time when I NEVER would EVER want to go home with this one guy. EGADS!!!!!!!!!!!! I quit asking some people what their project was. Sometimes they tell you FAR too much.
AND when the lights go out, it's time to stop shopping and go to the register. Ten minutes later, I shouldn't have to ask if you need more help...only to have you say, "OH...I'm still shopping and I'll be done here in a bit." That's when I said, "well, they are closing up the registers if you want to buy any of the things you have."
There were other humorous things. The guy I kept passing while I was putting things away. He asked IF I was following him? NO...I thought you were following me! HAHA! There is NEVER a dull moment, that's for sure.
AND Zachary...sorry...none of those eggs. I even asked and some guy came and bought all we had left last Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment