Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 12 May 2013


WOW!!! My brain and heart replayed that word over and over today.
The day started as a pretty normal Sunday for me. I did wake up a lot earlier than my alarm setting, but just relaxed in bed, pondering past Mother's Days, life, children, husbands or the lack thereof, mothers; mine as well as others. I thought about the gift of motherhood and how some females take procreation for granted, some cast it aside, some misuse it, some don't want it...and then there are those who cherish it for the gift it is. You have created a precious life. You have created another human. You are, as it were, a God; for with God, and your spouse, you have created a body for a heavenly spirit. How incredible is that?
I was blessed to create four of these precious beings; then for some reason, which only God knows, I was blessed to raise them on my own. I pondered this and what that was like.
While I was pregnant, I took great care as to protect each baby growing inside of me. I ate well, rested, exercised and did everything I thought was right in order to have a perfect child. As far as I was concerned, I did. They all were perfect in my eyes. All were very healthy weights and length. All grew to above average heights and are wonderful. I pondered this.
Sometimes it seems holidays and celebrations are perfunctory...NOT that they are meaningless or anything like that, but everyone is SO busy with work, hobbies, life, etc. that we just seem, sometimes to want to get past them to the next event and be done. It seems that way sometimes, but isn't necessarily so. I pondered past functions, events, celebrations; past events, as in my crazy childhood. I got to where I didn't expect birthday parties as we moved every year and it was usually at the end of the school year, right around my birthday...no party. I pondered this...but not for long...I realized in my pondering that 6:45 AM was now 7:45 AM and I needed to get ready for Church. I did ponder going or not, but as usual I chose to go. I really don't think I've missed but five times in the last 35 years. Anyway, I got ready for Church, got my Primary Lesson book/bag, with the things I needed and at 8:35 left for Church. It's not far really, not even a mile and a half. I listened to Music and the Spoken Word on the way. They were doing a Mother's Day special and a favorite song was playing when I drove in to the parking lot. It's called Turn Around.
Anyway, as I sat there, my phone sounded an alert that I had a text message...it was Bobby!!! Bobby?!?! What the heck was he doing up at 8:35 in the morning????? Especially on a Sunday?!?!?! He was wishing me a "Happy Mother's Day!!! I Love You!!!" As I was sending him back a, "Thanks Spud! I love you too!!!" Jenny sent a text, "Good Morning! Happy Happy Mother's Day!" WHAT the heck was she doing up??? But I sent a "Thank you!!! I love you!" to her too. My song was over so I went in to the Church. Stopped in the library to get a tub of crayons, chalk and eraser, and some paper...then headed to the Chapel. I knew that the couple I usually sit with wouldn't be there, but "E.B" would be...as I grabbed a program and walked down the aisle, I saw her and headed to where she was. Two rows from her, I hear a voice say, "Hey, want to sit with us?" I turned and saw Bobby...then Jenny...then Mike...and Katie...and I let out a somewhat muffled sob and began to cry...Bobby came over and put his arms around me and I
sobbed...they were sobs of sadness...far from it. He held me and the sobs of happiness, delight, love, elation, etc. just kept going. I just couldn't believe it. It was such a surprise! I had NO idea. Years ago, Jenny said, "Mom, if you want me to come and sit with you on Mother's Day at Church, just ask." BUT I never did...even though I would have LOVED for them to be there. AND here they were; I just couldn't believe they ALL got up and came to Church...AND were sitting with me. Then Mike hugged me and told me, "If you hadn't of shown up, we were going to take a picture, send it to you and tell you we were here, and then go out to breakfast." I laughed. THIS was incredible. This was priceless. NO gift will ever have the value of this show 
of love. They gave their time for me!!! FOR you see, they had no idea of my feelings these past few months. As a mothers we sacrifice our time, talents, knowledge, sleep, life, etc. for our children...at least I do. When they call and need something, I do whatever it takes to do it...despite what plans I may have had. If they want something fixed, I do what I can. Lately, I have felt, unnecessarily, unloved. I KNOW they love me. I know they would do anything for me. BUT show up for Church was NOT something I ever expected, would ask, or thought would happen...and here they were. I wanted to sit by each one of them, even though it wasn't possible. Jessica and Jason also came with Lucas and Jenna. ALL of them were there. It was THE best
Mother's Day gift!!! I appreciated it more than they will ever know. I LOVE them all, more than they realize.
Later, they cooked a wonderful dinner and we played Dominoes. I have THE BEST CHILDREN! I am SO blessed. I am thankful they chose me to be their mother. They have each, in their own way, made me the person I am today. They have pushed me to limits I would never have reached on my own. They are ALL incredible.  Beyond words!

                
  

No comments:

Post a Comment