Saturday, October 27, 2012

The dreaded house hunting!

I really thought when my home in St. Jo, MO FINALLY sold in late January of this year, that I would be in my new home by my birthday! NOT!!!! Here it is almost October and I am still, basically, homeless. Most all of my things have been in storage since June of 2008! The rest of it since March of this year! I have moved from St. Jo, to Utah...then back to Vegas; I've moved four times since moving back to Vegas. Twice with Jessica and Jason, once in a rental home and now at Jenny's.
When I finally was qualified to buy a home, I found that most of the homes had been snarfed up by investors! They would buy them, put in carpet and paint, then flip them for twice what they paid! There is a group of investors who do their homes the same way...I have seen literally dozens of their homes...the sad things is they paint the kitchen and bathroom cabinets black...which isn't a bad thing, but they paint them black inside and out...drawers too!!! THEN they painter guy/gal shuts them...and when someone comes to look at the home and tries to open the drawers/cabinets they are painted shut! Yep!!! Someone even pulled off the drawer front trying to open it! GEEZE!!! Are you serious! I just can't believe it. THEN there are the homes which are highest and best. Fifty people will put a bid on a home. I tried to look at one home where there was a tenant. Never did get to see it. You could only see if between three and four on Tuesday or Wednesday. WOW! THEN there are the homes where the people destroyed the home before being foreclosed on. NO cabinets, appliances, sinks, toilets, water heater, outlets, ceiling lights, closet doors, inside doors, plumbing ripped out, etc...one even had holes in the walls from the outside to the inside...so the cute little desert chipmunks could come in...probably scorpions and tarantulas as well! Holy cow! There are also some home...quite a few in fact...owned by Bank of America...and they will only let you bid on them if you bank with them. Dorks!
About a month ago, I was at a party HP group party. One of my friends told me that there were about 75,000 homes in a "shadow inventory"; they were going to release them after the election! Hmmmm...I thought I would check this out. So, the following Monday I asked my realtor (I need to write a blog about realtors), about this so called "shadow inventory" I heard about. SURE enough! BUT there aren't just 75,000 homes in this shadow inventory...the realtors have been told there are between 100,000 and 200,000 homes in this shadow inventory!!! WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?!!?!? Now I feel that since it's taken this long to find nothing, I might as well wait 10 more days until after the election just to see what's in this shadow inventory! I was told by my realtor today that they may start releasing them soon...which won't be too soon for me.
Needless to say, the house hunting has been frustrating, discouraging and a downright pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment