Saturday, October 27, 2012

Lucas

I just realized when I was checking out my blog, I have missed writing about some very important events. ONE was becoming a grandmother for the first time.
The anticipation was indescribable! THEN when it finally happened, well...words can not express...or at least I haven't found words great enough to express my feelings...except to say, I am blessed!
Lucas was born on May 15th, 2011 at 2:27 am. He weighed 9 pounds 6 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long. I knew when we all found out that Jess was pregnant, that this child would change ALL of our lives, and he has. When he was a baby, we tried taking turns holding him at family events, BUT we could usually find him in the arms of his uncles...Mike and Bobby. It was a rare occasion that someone else had him. He is so loved!
Because he has so many grandparents, the distinguishing of grandma/pa this and grandma/pa that was doled out to the various grandparents...I became Meemaw. I love the Big Bang Theory and it just sort of stemmed from that.
He is now 17 months and not only is one of my biggest joys, but he is a big brother to Jenna...another blog coming up.


The happy Graf family!!!

Uncle Mike
Aunt Katie                                   
Uncle Bobby
Aunt JB




The girls, Lucas' mom Jess and his Aunt JB saw this Viking hat and since I am the one who crochets, I was elected to make it. It is cute, we had fun with it!
So, these are some pretty random photos of Lucas from the past year. If I knew what I was doing on here, I would have some type of order. Maybe with Jenna I will figure it out!!!

 




Aunt JB has taken most of these photos...it was hard to find one with her in it. BUT she and Jess have an incredible amount of fun dressing Lucas up for his monthly photo shoot. The Superman and the phone booth was his 1 year old photo! It's one of my favorites!
I am fortunate to live so close to them. I get to see him frequently! AND he comes to visit me. When we part, there are big tears...first his, then mine. I love him so much! He is an incredible part of our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment